Roku Remote Not Working?
Many people are facing this problem that Roku remote is not working or not responding. When any one face such kind of problem the first thing comes to the mind is let’s change the batteries. They change the batteries, and still, it does not work. Moreover, what about the new Roku player which is just a few days old? It came with the new batteries, but it is also not working. There are several reasons why your Roku remote has to stop responding.
Reasons of Roku Remote stop working.
- Your Roku is quite old, and the batteries are empty.
- You just put the new batteries in the remote, but you put it in the wrong way
- You Roku hardware part is faulty. (Very rare, until it did not fall down)
- Roku remote is not communicating with the Roku player. Your Roku remote needs to pair.
- You just purchased a new Roku remote, but it is not compatible.
If you have done the reset of Roku device and you do not know how to activate Roku player then go through this page: Activate Roku by Entering activation code at www.roku.com/link visit this link to activate your Roku player.
How to fix the problem of Roku remote not working?
You can quickly troubleshoot your Roku remote and pair it by choosing one of the ways according to the above reason that best suited your situation.
- If your Roku device is quite old and you feel like you have not change the batteries for a long time then just get some new batteries and replace it.
- When you put the new batteries in the remote, then make sure you put it in a right way. The flat side of the battery will go to the side of spring.
- In any case, your Roku remote is broken because it falls down. The best way is you get it replaced or buy a new one. In the mean, while you can use your phone as a remote controller.
- You just recently purchased a new Roku remote from the internet or market, and it is still not working. It might be possible that the remote you have purchased is not compatible according to your Roku model.
Roku remote pairing:
This is one of the common problem people are facing while using Roku player. There is very easy troubleshooting that you need to follow and that always work.
First, take out the Batteries from the remote.
Further, take the power cord out of the Roku device.
Next, Put the Power cord back into the Roku player.
Now it is the time to put the batteries back into the remote.
At last, There is a pairing button, right below the batteries. Press and hold that button for 3 seconds. Now again press for 3 seconds. You will see the circle will start moving on the tv screen. Your Roku device has begun pairing.
[IMPORTANT NOTE: You can find the pairing button when the battery cover is off.]