Unblock the Norton Blocked Content
A firewall deeds as a fence between the trusted and untrusted network. As you know Norton is the most popular antivirus software, so this also consists of the firewall to protect your system from outside attack. Moreover, it also protects you from inside losses. The firewall is always active by default. However, sometimes you need to disable firewall to get access to some content. You can read how to disable the Norton firewall. Disabling firewall increases the risk of attacks from the hacker as well as from the viruses present on the network.
If the Firewall is so necessary for the system, then what is the need to disable it?
The answer to the above interrogation is that sometimes the Firewall blocks your access to the internet. Sometimes it does not allow you to open any site or any application on the internet. In that case, either you can apply the exception for those websites on Firewall or you can disable the Firewall for few hours.
Sometimes the Smart Firewall blocks some of the programs from accessing the internet as it feels that those contents may harm your system or they are vulnerable to attacks. This may include certain streaming media, some games, or some of the custom business application. If you know that, these applications or programs are not vulnerable to your computer. Later on, they may not be risky for your documents, then you can unblock this application and websites. Moreover, after unblocking these programs, you can easily access them.
Steps to unblocked the blocked programs: –
- Double click to turn on the Norton software, and select the Settings option there.
- Proceed further by hitting on Firewall, under the Detailed Settings.
- A Program Control tab will appear before you, make choices of the programs which you want to unblock from the Firewall.
- You will find the Access drop down the list to verify the program entry, continue by clicking on Allow
- Finally, click on the Apply
Unblock the program from the Security History Window: –
- Turn on the Norton product and then enter its main window, double click on the Security
- Under Security Option, choose History.
- The next window appears with the name of the Security History window, so under the Security History window, select Show to see the drop-down
- From the drop-down list, choose Firewall-Activities.
- Choose the Firewall activity associated with the blocked program.
- Click on More Options, and locate Security History window.
- To proceed further, select Advanced Details.
- In Advanced Details window, you will find Allow button click on it.
Still looking for the Support for unblocking the content in Norton Antivirus?
I hope after reading the above article you came to know much about the Firewall. Moreover, you were able to access the required content after unblocking it from the system. However still, if you aspect any problem with Norton Firewall then you can communicate with us on our toll-free number +1-888-890-2637. Moreover, the IT Cobra Support will provide you help on reasonable rates and also in minimum time.