Fix Norton Error 8054,104
Most of the time, you face the error 8054,104 on your computer after upgrading or installing the Norton product. I can understand it is the very frustrating situation. In such circumstances, you regret your decision to update the product. However, there is no need to get freight as you can resolve this error on your own by simple Norton troubleshooting.
Reasons of Norton Error 8054 & 104
Before starting with the troubleshooting steps. I want you to be attentive of the reasons why you are facing this error. So some of the possible causes of the error are mentioned below.
- Norton product has not been installed correctly during the installation process or while upgrading the latest versions of Norton some of the files were missing.
The above issue can be resolved by completely removing the Norton product from your system. You can uninstall the Norton product by using one of the two tools. You can either use the Norton Removal Tool or Norton Remove or Reinstall tool.
In this article, I am using Remove and Reinstall tool, but you can also use Norton Power Eraser.
- Sometimes this error is caused when some other Antivirus or Security product is installed on your computer.
To fix the problem posed by another Security program, you need to uninstall any non-Symantec security program. You can uninstall the programs from the list of installed programs from the control panel.
Troubleshooting steps to remove Norton Error 80054, 104:
- To resolve the error 8504,104 Symantec also recommends you to check whether you are using the latest version of Graphic Adapter Driver or not. If not, then you are warned to update your Graphic Adapter Driver.
Step1: – Use Norton Remove and Reinstall tool to fix the error.
Note: – Please uninstall the Norton family, if you have installed them and then continue running the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
- Get Norton Remove and Reinstall tool on your PC.
- Run this tool and Proceed further by clicking on Advanced Options.
- Click on Remove Only
Note: – If you do not find Remove Only option, then you can also click on Remove & Uninstall button.
- Click on Remove or Continue option.
- Finally, restart your system by pressing Restart
When your system is restarted, then follow the on-screen Instruction to reinstall your Norton Product.
Step2: – Uninstall the error causing Non-Symantec Security product
- Open the Run Dialog box by using the Keyboard shortcuts Windows+R
- In the run dialog box type cpl. Moreover, then press the Enter Key.
- This will take you to the list of currently installed programs, from the list, select the non-Symantec security product, and then click on Uninstall or Remove
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart the computer by clicking on Restart now button, after the uninstall process is completed.
ALSO READ: How to Fix Norton Sonar Error?
STEP 3: – Lastly, ensure that you are using Updated Video Graphics Driver
- Use the Keyboard Shortcut Windows+R keys to open the Run Dialog box.
- The Run dialog box appears at the left bottom of the screen, type devmgmt.msc and then press Enter
- This command will take you to the Device Manager window, double-click to open Display adapters.
- Under Display Adapter Right-click on the HD graphics card, a drop-down appears to choose, Properties from there.
- Go Under the Driver Tab and check the Graphic Card information. Your graphic card should not be outdated.
Note: – If you are using the current graphic card drive, then you can continue with the next step. Otherwise, you need to update and install the latest version of the graphics card driver.
- From the list below, Select your graphics card manufacturer.
- AMD/ATI Radeon HD video graphics
- Intel HD video graphics
- NVIDIA graphics
- After choosing the manufacturer Restart your computer, and ensure that the issue has been resolved.
Still Having Trouble with Norton Error 8054,104?
I really hope that the above article helped you in fixing the “error 8054”. However, if you were unable to solve the above error, then you can contact us on our toll-free number. Moreover, we ensure to resolve the problem which you are facing. The reason why you should Contact us is that we not only provide support for the Norton product. However, we can also help people using some other antivirus software. Our dedicated technicians are working 24X7 hours to provide our customers with the best solutions. We will not only provide you the support on antivirus issue, but we can also help you with other computer related issues. We at IT Cobra believes in “Keep Your Devices Healthy.”
Are you looking for Norton Support or Norton Support Number?