Fix Norton Error 5013, 3
This type of error is encountered mostly after you update your Norton product. Sometimes your product is unable to upgrade properly and hence leading to the error. You can come to know about the error by reading the error message on the screen. Some other symptoms of the Norton error 5013 are a frozen screen, Slow response of the system to the keyboard and the mouse last but not the least the corrupted window.
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to overcome this error
Fix Error 5013, 3 by Norton Power Eraser
You can fix this Norton error 5013, 3 by using Norton power eraser tool. I understand how frustrating It is when you pay for an antivirus and it is you giving you trouble installing on your PC. However, Norton does not harass their customers. Norton is keeping on working on the errors and providing the best solution for those problems.
- For fixing this error, you will have to Download the Norton Power Eraser You can easily find it on the Norton official website.
- When you click on the above link, then it will ask you to save this file. Click on Save
- Select the location at Desktop as from the desktop; you can easily find the product and again click on the Save
- Click on the exe file; this will run your Norton Power Eraser.
- Click on Accept After reading the agreement License.
- When you enter the Norton Power Eraser window, then just click the Scan for Risk It might ask you for the restart your PC first.
- By default, the NPE performs the Rootkit scan which asks you to restart your computer, click on Restart, somehow if you do not want to include the Rootkit scan follow the step:
- Go to Settings
- Uncheck the box before the Include Rootkit Scan (Requires a system restart).
- After the computer restarts, the scan starts automatically, have patience and let the Scan complete properly.
- Now follow the on-screen instruction.
Have patience you are not done yet; you need to follow the next step now.
Try Norton Tamper Protection
Have you ever tried Norton Temper Protection before? If you have not then you, just try it right now. Because Norton Tamper Protection tool can help you to remove the Norton Error 5013,3.
- Locate the Norton product on the desktop, then Double click to start the Norton software.
- Once you have the Norton Antivirus screen on your desktop, then Select the Settings
- Locate Quick control, to turn on the Norton Tamper Protection
- Turn it off by hitting Close.
You need to proceed further with the next step.
Base Filtering Engine Service can also Help
- First, You need to Open the RUN dialogue Box by keyboard shortcut Window+R.
- In the Run dialog box, type Services.msc and then press Enter key.
- The User Account Control window appears before you, select Yes or Continue.
- This will take you to the Service window, under the name column, locate the Base Filtering Engine and double click it.
- Ensure that Automatic Appears to the right side of the Start-up
Note: – If automatic is not selected, then click on the drop-down list and select Automatic.
- Hit on OK
- Escape the Service Window.
- Restart your computer to fix the error.
If the error persists or if you were unable to find the Base Filtering Engine. Then move on to the Next step.
Still having trouble? Look for Norton Auto Fix tool
Tip: – Windows XP User cannot take the benefit of this Norton fixing Tool. Are you a Windows XP user and Still having trouble with Norton 5013,3 and Looking for Norton Installation Support?
- You can download the Norton Auto Fix
- Set the location as Desktop so that later you can find it easily and then click the Save
- Locate the tool on the desktop and double-click the .exe file to open it.
- If you are prompted to install .NET Framework 3.5, then click on Download and install this Feature
- You will reach to the Base Filter Engine Repair There click on –Auto Fix button.
- You can restart your PC right away by hitting the Restart Now
I hope the article was helpful to you in troubleshooting the “Norton error 5013,3 Base Filtering Engine” by yourself. Anyhow, if you were unable to fix this error, then you can contact us on our toll-free number (IT COBRA) mentioned above. You can choose IT Cobra to provide you the help on this error. We have not associated with Norton, but Our services are available to a different group of people and also for various Antivirus. We provide the support for some computer related issues. Our keen and dedicated technicians are ready to help you anytime. We understand the value of your work & Time, so IT Cobra Experts try to solve your issue in minimum time and at sound prices.