Fix Norton error 3038,104/109
Norton 3038 error occurs after you have completed the up gradation of Norton Product. Some of the causes of the Norton 3038 errors are: –
- Norton Internet Security not downloaded and installed properly.
- Malware or viruses have infected window system file or Norton Internet security related program files.
- The other possible reason may be that some other program by accidently deleted Norton Internet Security related files.
Note: – The error 3038,104 can occur due to a variety of reasons, so keep in mind to troubleshoot each of the possible reasons to prevent the error from happening again.
Warning sign of 3038,104 errors
- The first symptom is that the Error message will be displayed on the screen.
- Whenever “Error 3038,104” appears on the screen the current program window crashes.
- Your computer goes to not responding state periodically.
- The window becomes lazy and reacts gradually to the input provided by mouse and keyboard.
Note: – keep in mind when and where the Error 3038,104 occurred, as it will help in troubleshooting the problem well.
To fix this Norton Error, you need to follow the following steps
Step1: – Run Live Update
- Turn on the Norton
- In the main window, go to Security and then click on LiveUpdate.
- Wait for the LiveUpdate to complete, and then click on OK
- Run the LiveUpdate until you see the message on the screen “your Norton product has latest production updates.”
- Now Quit all the active program and Restart the computer.
I hope you have resolved the problem, but still, If the problem persists then continue with the next step.
Step2: – Download and run the Norton Remove & Reinstall
Note: – please uninstall the Norton family, if you have installed them and then continue running the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
- Norton Remove and Reinstall tool need to download and save it to your desktop.
- Use keyboard shortcut Ctrl+J, to open the Downloads Window in your browser.
- You will find NRnR icon, double-click to Open it.
- After reading the agreement license, you can hit Agree
Note: – In some case, you may see the Remove Only option. Click on it.
- Proceed further by clicking on Continue or Remove
- Finally, restart your system by clicking on Restart
When your system is restarted, then follow the on-screen Instruction to reinstall your Norton Product.
Steps to Fix Error 3038,109
Sometimes the error message also shows the “Error 3038,109” the reason of this error is also same as Error 3038,104. It also occurs after the updating the product, if the product is not updated correctly. To fix this error, you first need to run the LiveUpdate and later scan it with a Norton Power Eraser.
Note: – These steps are for the current version of Norton if you are using some old version of Norton, then you need to update the product, or these steps will not fix the problem.
Step1: – Run LiveUpdate.
Steps to run the LiveUpdate is mentioned above, so please follow the above step.
After completing the above step successfully now continue with step2.
Step2: – Download and run the Norton Power Eraser Tool.
- Download the Norton Power Tool. Can add the link.
- Click on Save
- Select the location at Desktop as from the desktop; you can easily find the product and again click on the Save
- Click on the exe file; this will run your Norton Power Eraser.
- If the User Account window prompts you, then select YES and press Continue.
- Click on Accept After reading the agreement License.
- When you enter the Norton Power Eraser window, then just click the Scan for Risk
- By default, the NPE performs the Rootkit scan which asks you to restart your computer, click on Restart, somehow if you do not want to include the Rootkit scan follow the step:
- Go to Settings
- Uncheck the box before the Include Rootkit Scan (Requires a system restart).
- Have patience and let the Scan complete properly.
- Quit all the applications running on your PC and then Restart your computer.
I hope you have resolved the Error 3038,104 and Error 3038,109 by yourself with the help of the above article. Anyhow, if you were unable to solve the issue by yourself, then you can contact us on our toll-free number mentioned above. The technicians at IT COBRA will be glad to help you. Moreover, we will try to resolve all your issues relating to Norton or any other computer related issues. Looking for Norton Support? you can read an article about “NORTON INSTALLATION SUPPORT.”