Enable/Disable Norton Firewall
The Firewall is a network security system, which acts as a barrier between the trusted network and untrusted network. Moreover, it controls the access of the resources from the network.
Norton is an antivirus which consists of the Firewall. Some people think that the Firewall is only to give protection to our computer system from the outside attack. However, they do not realize our computer needs to be protected from the resources leaving our computer also. So the Norton provides our system the two-way silent Firewall which keeps an eye on both incoming and outgoing resources.
Norton has the Smart Firewall; which protects your system from the common threats caused by the internet. The Norton provides you with the feature of enabling and disabling the Firewall. The Firewall is auto enabled by default. You can turn it off if needed, but always keep in mind turning off the Firewall will not protect your computer from internet threats. However, still, if you want to disable the Firewall then turn it off for some specified period so that it automatically turns on after that period of time.
Steps to turn on and off the Norton Firewall:
- Locate the Norton on your computer, double click to Open
- From the main window of Norton just click on the Settings
- In the Settings window under the Detailed Settings, choose the Firewall option.
- Under the General Settings tab, in the Smart Firewall row, slide the switch On/Off according to your requirement.
- Hit the Apply button present at the bottom of the screen.
- You can also choose the duration for how long you want to Turn On/Off the Firewall.
- Finally, snap on OK button at the bottom of the screen.
Alternative way to enable/disable Norton Firewall
- On the Taskbar, right click the Norton
- Further, click on Disable Smart Firewall or Enable Smart Firewall.
- Select the duration for what time you want the Firewall feature to enable or disable.
- Lastly, click on OK
The above article tells you how important the Firewall is for the protection of your computer. If the Firewall is disabled, then it is possible that your system is vulnerable to attacks not only from the resources entering your system but also the resources, leaving your system as the hackers present on the network may try to access your data and system.
If you are unable to access some of the sites and application, then it is possible that your firewall thinks that they may cause harm to your system, so it blocked them. You might need to unblock them to get access to those websites.
However, still, if you face any problem with Norton Firewall then you can contact Norton Official Support itself, or you can also contact us on our toll-free number. Moreover, We at; ITCobra will provide you help on reasonable rates and also in minimum time. We know; how valuable your time is to you? We do not want to ruin your time due to this small Norton issue. If you are a new user of Norton Antivirus and You have not Installed the Norton Antivirus yet. Then you can also Visit: Norton Installation Support