Register your Kindle Fire tablet
The first thing which should be done when you buy a new Kindle Fire Tablet is you should register your Kindle device on Amazon. If you have ordered your Kindle online using your Amazon account, then your device will be preregistered before Amazon ships it to you. On the other hand, if you purchased it from any retail store or you received Kindle as a gift then you will need to register the device before you access its contents.
Steps to register on Kindle
- From home screen, swipe down the notification bar and then tap on Settings option present there.
- Under Settings, tap on My Account
- Proceed further by taping on Register
- If you already have an Amazon account, then enter your email address and password that is already registered with Amazon. And then tap on Register button present on the right side of the screen.
- If you don’t have an Amazon account, then you can create one by clicking on Create Account option present at the bottom of the screen. And the register yourself as before.
- The next screen shows the Confirmation Message that your account is registered to the device. To proceed further tap on Continue button present at bottom of the screen.
Note when Registering Kindle Fire:
- The Registration process is mandatory if you want to access your Kindle, without registering your Kindle with Amazon you can’t access anything present in the device
- If you want to access your device with a new account, then you first need to deregister your device from previous Amazon account, to deregister the device from Amazon you need to follow the steps mentioned above, and then at the end tap on Deregister Once you deregister your device from Amazon, you won’t be able to access any item Stored in the cloud for that account.
- After deregistering follow the above steps to register your device on Amazon with another account.
- If somehow you forget your Amazon account password, you can reset it by requesting “password reset” link to be sent to your email address.