Office 365 Security Secure Score Tool
Microsoft launched a new feature for Office 365 on February 10, 2017. The news says that this feature will help you to control and manage the security and compliance risk in advance, rather than responding to it later on. Missing any significant security signal may lead you to a serious rupture, but as the number of security signals is randomly increasing day by day, it is difficult rather impossible to arrange them manually. So the Microsoft has enhanced the capabilities of Office 365 by applying the proactive risk management feature to it.
Various new capabilities of Office 365 & Secure Score are: –
Office 365 Score of Security Level: –
Microsoft has launched a new Security Analytics tool which applies the Score to Office 365 customers’. The Score will be enforced only to current Office 365 security configuration.
Office 365 Security from Cyber Threat: –
Office 365 has the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph which is influenced by some data points, to provide the actionable vision to the Global threat, so that the customers of the Office 365 can stay ahead of the cyber threats and can also protect themselves from being attacked. Thus the Threat Intelligence is now available only as a private Preview more features will be added to it in the recent future.
Office 365 Security from Data Risk: –
Advanced data governance has the feature that applies the Machine learning which helps the customers to find and retain the most valuable data and eliminate the data which is not so important and may cause risk to the Office suite in future. Office 365 Advanced Data Governance is right now in preview and more features will be added to it in recent future.
How will you know your Office 365 Secure Score?
Microsoft has launched a new security analytics tool for Office 365 named as Secure Score. It was initiated to give the users better visibility in Office 365 and also to evaluate your own security level. Moreover, it helps you to understand your current Office 365 security configuration and also shows how you can enhance the security and reduce the risk by implementing additional controls.
How does Secure Score Works?
Till now you might have come to know that the Secure Score is a new service which is still in its development stage. It is an Alpha Preview and people are using it commercially now. You can evaluate your Office 365 by directly going to SecureScore.Office.com Official Website. This tool requires no configuration, no setups, it just simply starts working.
- First time when you enter the Secure Score service then it will automatically calculate the Security Score. The calculation is competing on the basis of “you can configure Vs controls you have configured”.
Note: – the numerator shows your Score, and the denominator shows total no of controls in your system.
- Scroll the screen a bit. Next, you can compare your Score with the Score of all the organizations running this service.
- If you again, scroll it a bit. Further, you will find Action in the Queue. You can reduce the Number of Actions by moving the slider from right to left and vice versa.
- Under Action in Queue Option-Click on Show drop down to apply a filter to actions.
Note: – Any control under Show labeled as Not Scored is still under construction.
- At the bottom, click on Learn More A new pane appears showing what you were asking to change? Moreover, what will be its effect on your users?
- Select the action below and click on Apply.
- You can click on the Score Analyzer to track your progress over time. It shows the detailed summary and your points next day.
- You can select the Export button at the top. To export your progress in the foam of PDF, CSV files to share the details with your team.