Create a rule from any message
In Outlook 2016, 2013 and other versions, you can create specific rules for messages, folders, and tasks. You just need to follow some simple steps to create a rule in Outlook. The benefit of this method is that suggestions for rules are shown based on the message is sender or recipient. One of the basic examples is that whenever you start a message one rule that is often suggested is move all message from a particular sender to the personal folder you choose.
Steps to create a rule from any message:
- Open Outlook window on your PC.
- Select the message from your inbox for which you want to create a rule.
- Under Home tab, a group name “Move” is present, under Move select Rules.
- When you click on Rules various options appear, Do one of the Following: –
- Outlook gives you some Rule suggestions click on the required suggestions, and then choose a destination folder and hit the OK button to complete the assignment of the Rule.
- You can also click on Create a Rule option and proceed to the Next step.
- When you are on the page of setting up a Rule, under When I get an email with all of the selected conditions, You need to tick the check boxes available below; you can Select one or more or none.
- Further, Do the following. Tick the check boxes for the actions that you want the rule to take when the triggering condition has met.
- At the bottom of the page, select Move the Item folder check box. Moreover, perform one of the following: –
- You can either select the existing folder on your computer.
- You can choose New to create a folder.
Note: – To add more conditions, actions and exceptions to rule follow the given link “Design a custom rule”
- Lastly, click on OK
- You can see that a notification box appears on the screen.do one of the following: –
- Click on Ok
- You can click on the checkbox saying “run this rule on messages already in current folder” and then choose Ok
More to go about creating a new rule and other feature in Outlook:
Creating rules in outlook is one of the advanced features. You can increase your work production from outlook by using this feature. Moreover, You can create as many rules as you want. Even you can also set up some rules like if you want to auto-forward and email from someone to any other person and much more.
More Feature in Outlook 2016: