Import Gmail contacts to Outlook 2016
As; all of you have lots of contacts saved in your Gmail account. Moreover, also you know the importance of your contacts. So you can import Gmail contacts to Outlook account as a backup or for your later use. You can manually save the contacts to Outlook one by one, but this will consume a lot of your valuable time. So one of the simplest ways of importing Contacts from your Gmail account to Outlook is firstly export contacts from Gmail account to your system in CSV format & then import that CSV file into Outlook program.
Steps to import Gmail Contacts to Outlook 2016/Outlook2013/Outlook 2010:
STEP 1: – Export your Gmail contacts to .csv file: –
If you want all your email list or selected people email list in your Outlook program then you can Import Gmail contacts to Outlook through .csv file. First of all, you will back up your Gmail contacts in .csv file. If you don’t know, how to do the back in .csv format then you can read the following step by step guide.
- Start the process by signing into your Gmail account. You can use any web browser whatever is available on your PC to login into your mail account.
- Once you have logged in to Gmail, you will have gaze of all of your emails and folders available in your account. However, on the left-hand side, you will see the Contacts option to choose it.
- At the top, In contact section select More which is followed by a drop-down list.
- In drop-down list, many items are available from it select Export
- This option gives rise to a new window asking “which contact do you want to export.” Choose the option as per your requirement.
Continue reading steps to import Gmail contacts to Outlook
- Next, on the same window, it will ask for the format in you would like to import the contacts to another file. As we want to save our all contacts in outlook, so we will choose the second option i.e. “Outlook CSV format.”
- To proceed further hit on Export
- A popup comes up on the screen with various save options, choose Save as.
- Select Browse to choose the location where you want to place the contacts temporally. The default file name given by computer is “contact.CSV” And I will recommend you choose the location desktop to save that file. Because if you place it on the desktop, then you will be able to locate it very quickly later on.
- The process finishes by hitting on Save button at the bottom.
- Open the .csv file to make sure whether all your contacts have exported
Once you have downloaded all of your Gmail contacts on your PC. It is time to import it to outlook from the .csv format.
STEP 2: – Import Gmail contacts from a CSV file to Outlook.
Once you have exported your connection list on your PC in .csv format, then the next step is to import the same file in Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016. You can use Outlook inbuilt feature of export/import to import the file.
If you want to know more about it how to import contacts to Outlook, then read the following blog.