Import contacts to outlook 2016
As you, all know how important your contacts are to you. Moreover, you have all your contact saved in different places; some may be on your mobile phones, others may be on different email accounts or the various social sites. Now think you want all your contact to gather in one single place. In minimum time. Just take a minute and THINK OF A WAY? You can do this by importing all your contacts from different locations into your outlook account. Let’s see the various steps to import contacts to Outlook.
Steps to import contacts to Outlook 2016/2013 from a CSV file: –
The Outlook has an import/export wizard to import contacts from CSV files. The full form of CSV is Comma Separated Values. If you choose this format, it will save your contacts in Excel sheet; some businessperson uses it as a backup to protect all their contacts.
- Click on File tab present on the left top corner of Outlook window.
- On the blue ribbon, you can find Open & Export option, select that.
- Besides blue ribbon the Open dialog box is present, choose Import/export.
- The Next window will take you to Import & Export Wizard, and various options are available there. Click on “Import from another program file.” If it is not selected by default.
- Press the Next button to proceed further with importing contacts to Outlook 2016.
- In the next window Import a File, you have two options, choose Comma Separated Values from that.
- Now hit the Next button available at the bottom.
- The next window asks you to browse the file to import contacts to Outlook, double-click the contact file to import it.
- There, we have mentioned three options. You can select one of them to handle duplicate contacts.
- Replace duplicate with items imported: –
if the file already consists the contact with the same Then it will replace the old values with new values.
- Allow duplicate items to be created: –
You can select this alternative if you want to build duplicate items in your address book. I will prefer this option because we can remove all the imported duplicate contacts later on. As well, this is one of the safest methods.
- Do not import duplicate items: –
When you choose this process, then it will not import the contacts with the same name at all. Besides, correspondingly it will not create any copy of the email addresses.
Continue to Next Step to Import Contact to Outlook 2016
- Proceed further by pressing the Next
- In the next window in the Select destination folder: box, select the Contacts folder, or any other location on your PC where you want to save your contacts.
- Hit the next button to go to the next step.
- Before you hit the Finish button, you should make sure that you have correctly mapped the columns. If you want to check mapping, then click on Map Custom Field button present at the right corner of the same window.
- The Map Custom Field box appears, having From box & To box: –
- Underneath From, the box holds the value imported from a CSV file.
- Under To, you will see all the regular fields used by Outlook contacts, if the column name matches in both left and right boxes then you will see both the column in the right
- If you find the names are mismatched, then you will need to do some manual mapping. Like: – you have two numbers designated as number1 and number2 in the left box, and in the right box, the names are written as Home phone1 and Home Phone 2, then you need to drag both the numbers from left box to the right box to assign them values. You can also escape some of the columns by not dragging them into the right.
Note: – You can drag the names from the left box to the right box only one at a time.
- Once you have completed the mapping of contacts, press the OK to import contacts to Outlook.
- Lastly, complete the process by clicking on the Finish
- To see the imported contacts, choose a People icon present at the bottom of Outlook window.
This way you can easily Import contacts to Outlook 2016 from a .csv format file. As .csv is the most common format to save your email address, that is why these steps can help you to import email address from other applications or programs.
Steps to import files from Gmail to Outlook 2016/outlook2013/outlook 2010:
Many of us are using Gmail account because it provides free, secure and easy access to our emails. As we receive such numerous emails every day, so we save our contacts/email address right away on the Gmail itself. However, now you have configured your Outlook to receive your emails. On the other hand, your contact list is still saved on Gmail and you want that email user list in outlook. For that, you will have to follow few steps. If you want to know “How to Import Contacts from Gmail to Outlook 2016” then CLICK HERE
Steps to Import contacts to Outlook from Yahoo email Account:
Yahoo is one of the best email providers in USA and Canada. If you have saved your contacts on Yahoo online account and you want those contacts saved in your Microsoft Outlook. Then it is very simple to import contacts to Outlook 2016/2013 from yahoo.com server. If you are interested in knowing the procedure of importing contacts from Yahoo, then you can follow this below blog/article.