Add a New Channel in Roku
The numbers of channels in Roku are increasing the time to time. Now Roku has more than 2500 channels. Believe it or not but this is the fact. This big number also means you are already missing a lot from the Roku. Most of the Roku player users just happily playing what they get when they first set up their Roku. They do not even bother to add more stuff in the Roku. It does not mean they do not want that however, they are not even aware of it.
If we activate the Roku for any customer, our tech always explains to them how you can add top free channels in Roku player. Moreover, you can also search the channel and add it by yourself very quickly. You do not need any help of a Technician. If you have not been activated your Roku player yet then get the activation help by visiting: Activate your Roku by visiting www.roku.com/link
When we configure and activate the Roku player, it always take us to the page where a user can add few top channels. However, If your channel name is not listed during the activation process, then you will have to add it manually later on.
2 different ways to add a New Channel in Roku:
You can manually add the new channel in Roku by choosing 1 of the suitable method. Once your Roku is triggered and running, then you can add channel directly from your TV, or you can also add from Your Roku account on your mobile, Tablet or Computer.
Add Channels Directly from the TV:
- Make sure your Roku device is activated and up & running.
- As we are adding the channel directly from your TV, so you will have to switch your TV input to Roku. Once you have the Roku on the TV screen, then press the HOME button to ensure that you are at the right place Home Screen.
- Look at the left side of the Roku screen; you can easily have the glance of streaming channels.
- This streaming channel, the feature will take you to the place from where you can add a new channel in you Roku stick or Roku.
- After finding the streaming channels, move your control to that and Press the OK button.
- Now you can see the whole channel store with lots of different channels name and their
- Now you can add any channel appearing on the right side. If you are looking for any particular channel or channels according to your choice, then on the left; you can locate that Roku has listed all the in channels in category. You can choose the category you like to show up channels that it contains. For instance: customers who are the shorts fan they can go to the sports category to find ESPN or any other support channel.
- For the ease of access, Roku has provided the search also to find any channel in few second by searching its name.
- Roku users, who are not sure what channels they should add they can go to the TOP free, Featured or most favorite
- Once you have finalized, what channel you want to add then go to that channel. Hit the OK button from the button will pop a screen with add channel button. You need to snap on ADD Channel to add this new channel in Roku. It will start downloading and installing the channel right away. When it is done with the new channel installation, it will prompt you to go to that channel. It is not necessary to access that channel at that time you can also access it later on from the home screen.
This is one of the best ways to add a new channel in Roku. The reason is; it gives you the access to that new channel instantly.
ADD New Channels from the Roku Account (Mobile, Tablet or PC):
It’s always easy to have a glance of channels information on your PC screen. Moreover, someone is watching a movie and you got a thought of add new stuff to your Roku then you can do it by login to your Roku account. For logging in to your Roku account, you should have your Roku account email and Roku account password handy with you. Don’t remember your Roku account information? Don’t worry, just go through it: Know Roku Account information
- To Get an access to your Roku account you will have to visit my.roku.com
- This link will open up page to enter your Roku account information to log in the account.
- Once you have logged in to your Roku account find the welcome icon on the right top corner to choose channel store.
- You can Open the channel store directly by reaching channlestore.roku.com
- Channel store page also appears like Streaming Channel on your tv screen. Channel store also had the categories for the feature, top free, most popular, news or more other channels.
- You have hit on any channel you like and read the information of that channel.
- If you like that channel and want it in your Roku play then what are you waiting for. Press the Add Channel button and it is all done.
- You will see a notification that waits for 24 hours to install this channel on your Roku player.
- Oh really, 24 hours wait? No way, No one would like it. You can get that channel right away by updating your Roku player from the settings on your Roku tv screen.
Make Sure Few Things before adding a New Roku Channel:
While adding any channel you should make sure with these 3 Things.
- All the channels are not free. Some channels are free with commercials. However, some of them are paid and Some channels required a subscription.
- If you see any amount written instead of add channel then it means this is a paid channel. You will have to pay that amount to add that channel in the Roku. When we activate Roku or create a Roku account, at that time Roku ask for Payment information. Is your account has payment information in there? If yes, then Roku will automatically deduct the money from your code. However, it will ask you for the security PIN that you setup before entering the payment information at the time of account creation. If you don not remember your Purchase channel Security pin then read How to find the Roku Pin to make purchases?
- Any channel which is not asking for money to add it your Roku player. It doesn’t mean that channel is completely free. You might need to buy a subscription or should an account from you cable provider.