Remove FBI Moneypak With Norton
Moneypak is a type of ransomware threat, which sends an alert message to the users. The warning message keeps on asking the user to send the money to the creator of the threat, to unlock their computer. The threat instructs the user to pay fines with a Greendot Moneypak voucher or Ukash; depending on the region, you are living.
The FBI virus is a kind of tricky malware, which enter the targeted computer with the help of the Trojan Lock screen. As soon it enters the targeted computer, it threatens the victim by presenting itself as “The FBI (Federal Bureau Investigation)” and show the alert message as “Attention! Your computer has been blocked” and notifies you that the FBI has fined you for doing some illegal activity. They threaten the victim by sending such an aggressive design as shown in the figure. By reading the alert victim get scared, and they pay money to the creator of the virus.
Also read: How to Enable or Disable Norton Firewall
The FBI money pack is distributed through various means
- By Malicious website, or legitimate websites that have been hacked.
- Another means the spam emails containing infected attachments or links to malicious websites.
- It can also be downloaded by fooling the people that they are installing some useful software.
The cyber-criminal does not use the same design rather they keep on updating the lock screen layout. Though, you should always remember that the FBI never monitor your online activities and they will never lock your computer.
After sending the code of the Ukash, Paysafe card, or Moneypak voucher to the criminal in no circumstances, you can refund your money.
The creator threatens you to send the money by making you think that you cannot access your computer. I would like to say that you do not need to be scared or worried after seeing this alert as it is just a virus infecting your computer. Moreover, you can easily get rid of it without paying the ransom just by following the below-mentioned steps. However, for doing this, you need to be a bit technical person as the entire process takes place in Safe mode.
Remove Virus with Norton Power Eraser in safe mode
- Power on the PC.
- While the computer is turning on, continue pressing the F8 key from the keyboard until you reach to the boot menu.
- In the Advanced Boot Options menu, enter the Safe Mode with Networking by using the arrow keys on the keyboard.
- Press Enter key from keyboard to select the Safe Mode with Networking.
Congratulation your PC started in safe mode now follow the next step: –
- Now it time to remove the FBI Virus by using the Norton Power Eraser.
- Once you have downloaded the Norton Power eraser tool after that Double click the exe file to run it.
- Click Accept the License
- When the Norton Power Eraser window appears, then click on Scan for Risk
- By default, the NPE performs the rootkit scan which asks you to restart your computer, click on Restart, somehow if you do not want to include the Rootkit scan follow the step
- Go to Settings
- Uncheck the box before the Include Rootkit Scan (Requires a system restart).
- Don’t forget to restart the computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- Follow the on-screen instruction to run the scan.
- After fixing the threat detected by Norton Power Eraser, restart your computer in Normal Mode.
I hope the above article was helpful in removing the malware from your system, and now your computer is secure. However, if you were unable to run the above article or if you were scared to follow the above steps then you can contact us on our toll-free number. Moreover, our dedicated technicians will provide you support to fix the issue.
And also if you want to protect your computer in future also by installing the Norton Antivirus then you must read: Norton Installation Support