Norton Error 8505
This Norton error 8505 message occurs at the time when the program is being installed, or while the system is running. It may also happen on Windows start up and shut down the process. It is usually caused by the corrupted registry entry.
To fix this Error, firstly you need to restart your computer.
Steps to fix Norton Error 8505
Step1: – Restart your computer
- Quit all the running program in your computer.
- Restart your computer.
Sometimes the error is fixed just be restarting the computer. Anyhow, if you continue receiving the error message, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
Step2: – Check the Proxy Settings
- Use the keyboard shortcut keys Window+R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type inetcpl.cpl and then press the Enter key. This command will launch the Internet Properties window on our computer screen.
- You will find a Connection tab, choose LAN Settings from there.
- When you enter the LAN Settings dialog box, under Proxy Server, make sure that all the checkboxes are unchecked
- If you find any of the boxes checked, then uncheck it. Moreover, then choose Automatic Detect Settings.
- Click on OK button available on the screen.
- Select Apply and then click the OK
Further More Steps to Fix Norton Error 8505
Step3: – Configure the Network Connection Settings on Windows.
- Press Windows+R key from your Keyboard in order to open the Run dialog box.
- Type cpl in your Run dialog box and then click on OK button.
- This will take you to the Network connection Right click on the currently active network adapter and then select Properties from the bottom of the drop down menu.
- The User Account Control Prompts may appear, click on yes button and then continue.
- In the Network Connection Properties window, click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) under “this connection uses the following items”
- Select the Properties
- Click on Use the following DNS server addresses to specify the DNS server address.
- Type the two Norton ConnectSafe IP addresses in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server.
- In Preferred DNS: 18.104.22.168
- In Alternate DNS: 22.214.171.124
- Click on OK button in the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) properties window.
- Lastly, click on OK
I hope your issue is fixed. However, if you still face the problem, then no need to panic you can continue with the next step.
Still having Trouble and Getting Norton Error 8505
Step4: – Download and Run the Norton Power Eraser.
- Download the Norton Power Eraser Add a link for the tool.
- Click on Save
- Select the location at Desktop as from the desktop; you can easily find the product and again click on the Save
- Click on the exe file; this will run your Norton Power Eraser.
- If the User Account control window prompts you, then select YES and press Continue.
- Click on Accept After reading the agreement License.
- When you enter the Norton Power Eraser window, then just click the Unwanted Application Scan
- After the scan is completed, the result is displayed in Unwanted Apps Scan Complete window. Now click on the Uninstall option next to unwanted application or the toolbar.
- Proceed further by following the on-screen
- Restart the computer after the uninstall is completed
If still, the problem persists, you have to download another tool and continue with the next step.
Step5: – Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
Note: – please uninstall the Norton family, if you have installed them and then continue running the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
- Download the Norton remove and reinstall tool and save it to your desktop. Can add download link here.
- On the Windows desktop, you will find NRnR icon, double-click to Open it.
- After reading the license agreement, you can hit Agree
- Proceed further by clicking on Remove or Reinstall and then follow the on-screen instruction.
- Finally, restart your system by clicking on Restart
When your system is restarted, then follow the on-screen Instruction to reinstall your Norton Product.
Contact us if you are still looking for Solution
I hope by following the steps mentioned above you were able to sort all your issues. Moreover, the “error 8505” was removed. However; still, if you face the same error, then you can contact us on our toll-free number. We will help you to resolve you are facing. You can contact us because we can support people using some other antivirus software. Our dedicated technicians are working 24X7 hours to provide our customers with the best solution.