How To Fix Norton SONAR Error?
The full form of SONAR is Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response. SONAR already has a built in Behaviour Analysis tool, which is known as Critical System Protection. It’s behavior analysis tool, examines the behavior of the applications. Moreover, it decides whether the applications are harmful to your computers or not.
SONAR was first launched as a built-in feature of Norton antivirus in the year 2010. Moreover, from then lots of updates has been made by SONAR. Symantec has launched various versions of SONAR. The latest version of SONAR is SONAR 4 started in the year 2012.
What is the reason of SONAR Error?
I have noticed that SONAR error, mostly occurs after upgrading the Norton. Moreover, when you try restoring the system, then the error is not even fixed by the running live updates. Mainly, the error appears to affect the Norton 2009 product which is not upgraded to Norton 2010. In this case running the live updates and automatic updates, fixes the issue.
As SONAR decides whether the following contents are safe or harmful to your computer by noticing the behavior of that application. Sometimes it accidently blocks the harmless applications also. To overcome this situation Symantec offers you online security risk disputes form. You need to fill this form completely, and Symantec will remove it from SONAR blacklist.
If SONAR regularly causes an error in your computer or blocks the harmless program, then you can disable the SONAR Protection. By default, the SONAR Protection is Activated.
Fix Norton SONAR Error by enabling/disable SONAR Protection:
- Double Click on Norton application to enter its main Window.
- When you reach the main Window, click on Settings
- Click on Antivirus under the Detailed Settings Option.
- Under Real-Time Protection, locate the Automatic Protection
- You will now find the Switch beside SONAR Protection, turn it OFF or On according to your requirement.
- Select the Apply
- Now it will ask you for the choice the duration. It means for how long you want to turn off the SONAR Protection.
- Select the duration and then click on OK
- You will again reach to the Settings Window. Here hit Close
Turning off the SONAR Protection will not protect your system anymore. The SONAR Protection also gets turn off when you disable the Auto-Protect Feature.
Sometimes you receive an error message saying “your PC is not protected by SONAR Advanced Protection”. To resolve this error you need to follow the following step mentioned below: –
Restart your computer and install Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
While using your system if suddenly you receive Sonar error message then you should reboot the computer, this will either resolve the error, or it will prepare your PC for troubleshooting steps.
- After the system restarts, Download the Norton remove and reinstall tool and save it to your desktop.
Note: – Before Running the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, please uninstall the Norton family, if you have installed any. Otherwise, continue…
- On the desktop you will find NRnR icon, double-click to Open it.
- After reading the agreement license, you can hit on Agree
Note: – In some case, you may see the Remove Only option instead of Remove and Reinstall option. Click on it.
- Proceed further by clicking on Continue or Remove
- Finally, restart your system by clicking on Restart
After the restart of your PC, follow the on-screen Instruction to reinstall your Norton Product.
Happy to Fix the Norton Error or Stilling Having trouble?
I hope the above article proved to be helpful in resolving the SONAR error. If yes then please give your feedback in the comment box below. However, somehow if you were not able to fix the error, then you can contact us on the toll-free number mentioned above. Our technicians will provide you the Support for Norton Antivirus to fix any of your Norton issues. You can also go through the page Norton Installation Support to get the Basic Free Help on the Norton Installation problems. We at IT Cobra, are always available to provide you the best, the satisfactory and reliable solution at very low price tech support fee. IT Cobra Technicians are always available to “Keep Your Devices Healthy.”