Use SD Card in Kindle Fire
Micro Secure Digital card is an external chip, which is used to store data in any format. It can either be audio, video, text, pictures or any other format. We can insert our Micro SD card in our Kindle device to expand its storage capacity. Then we can install, download, and store certain contents in external micro SD card.
You can download music, videos, books, and audiobooks, install apps and games, and store photos and personal videos on External SD card. The benefit of using SD card is that latter on if you want to use same data in any other Kindle device or any device other than Kindle you don’t need to download the same data again and again on multiple devices. You can just remove your SD card, insert it to the other device and then use it.
Note about SD Card in Kindle: –
Anything downloaded from Silk browser, can only be downloaded to or stored on internal storage of your Fire Tablet.
Things to know when using Micro SD Card in Kindle: –
- Fire Tablet support FAT32 & exFAT format Micro SD cards
- Fire Tablet has a tendency to support data up to 200GB in micro SD card.
- For better performance of your SD card, you can use class 10 SD card rather than using any other low-class SD card.
Steps to insert your micro SD card in Kindle device: –
- Hold the Tablet in such a way that the Screen faces you. And then look at the top right side of the device, where you can find the micro SD card slot.
- Open the cover over the slot in such a way that you can see the space to insert micro SD card into your device.
- Insert the SD card gradually into the slot until it locks itself in the proper
- After you have successfully inserted the SD card into your device, cover the slot as before.
You can manage the content of your device, after successfully inserting the SD card into your device whichever way you want to: –
After inserting the SD card into your device the question arises, will all the data be saved into your SD card from now? then what is the use of the internal memory of the device, will it not be used anymore? And later if we want to save any data into the internal memory of the device then what can be done? Is it possible?
The answer to all the above questions is that you can easily manage your preferences in Kindle. under settings, you can make changes for the storage device. you can switch from internal storage to External Storage at any time you want to. By default, the storage location for your data after inserting the SD card is micro SD card itself but it can be changed easily.
To handle your storage settings in Kindle, follow the below-mentioned step: –
- On the home screen, you can easily find the Settings option, tap on
- Under settings menu, you can tap on the Storage
- Under SD card, you will find a slider next to content categories. by Tapping on which you can easily turn on and off the Micro SD card support.
- To manage the content stored on micro-SD card you can tap on SD Card Storage and then tap on Content Categories.
Note: – if you have multiple profiles on your device. Then the content will be restricted to the profile from which you have downloaded it.
Steps to move content from your device to Micro SD card: –
- On your Home screen, you will find the music icon.
- Tap on the Music
- Within Music Tap on the Menu option present on left side of the screen and then tap on setting
- Firstly, tap on Transfer All Offline Music,
- and then complete the process by tapping on Transfer All to SD Card.
- Swipe down the notification bar from the Top of the Screen. There you will find Settings tap on it.
- Under settings, select Games, and Apps.
- Proceed further by tapping on Manage All Application.
- Choose the app or game which you want to move
- Finally, tap on Move to SD card option.
You can also swipe down the screen, tap on Settings and then tap on Move Apps to SD Card to move the supported app.
Steps to Remove Micro SD card: –
- Swipe down the Top of the screen, on the Notification bar you will find Settings option. Tap on
- Under Settings. Tap on Safely Remove SD Card.
- And then tap on OK
- Open the Micro SD card cover and then gently press on Micro SD card to remove it.