Fix Forgot Parental Control Password
This mostly happens to us, whenever we set a password for anything and we forgot. We often forget it after sometimes and then we are unable to access the device. Most of the time we regret that why I put the password. Alternatively, I must have written it down somewhere. There is a probability that you have written down the password on a paper or your password dairy. So I would I highly recommend you to have a glance on it. Might be you are in luck today and you find it there.
However, when you forget the password your access to Kindle device becomes impossible. The only thing, which generally comes into our mind, is resetting the device back to its factory setting. However, this may cause loss of some of the settings or personal files on the device. So people avoid doing the factory reset because by applying the factory reset you will need to make all the settings of the tablet again. You may also lose your data like books, pictures, and videos etc. It can be, you installed free or the paid the money for it.
Any way to reset kindle parental password without Factory Default?
Yes, there is a way to reset the Parental Control password without resetting the entire device. There may be some data available on your device, which you have not saved in Amazon cloud storage. Therefore, I will recommend you to make a backup of your data to your computer using USB cable. By using the below-mentioned steps, you do not lose data while resetting the password but in case you lose data.it will not cause you much harm as you have already made a backup on your computer.
ALSO READ: How to Fix Frozen Kindle Device?
Steps to rest parental control password:
- Swipe down the Notification bar from the top of the screen and tap on Parental Controls Notification.
- Now you need to enter any random passwords into your device for five times. A screen saying retry after 30 seconds appears and an orange link appears on the same screen.
- Tap on the orange link, which says, reset the forgot Parental Control Password.
- Enter your Amazon account password, which you used while registering on Amazon.
- Proceed further by tapping on Continue option on the screen.
- Enter the New Parental Control Password.
- Recover your accounts password by tapping on Finish.
This is the way you can easily reset the forgot Kindle parental password without losing your important data.
If you want to buy a New Amazon Kindle Fire device then you can visit Kindle Fire Section on Amazon Website
Still Looking for Help?
If in any case, you are not able to do it on your own then you can contact our IT Cobra Experts they can find the best solution. Our professional will help you to fix forgot parental control password in Kindle. IT Cobra is here to “Keep your Devices Healthy”.
IT Cobra technicians are not limited to Kindle issue but also they can help you with your wifi router, printer, Roku or computer issues also.