Setup Password on Outlook
Primarily no Password is provided to Microsoft Outlook; it means anyone sharing your computer can access your personal email accounts. However, Outlook provides you a feature to Password protect your Outlook Data File(.pst) and prevent to the intruder to access your personal emails. When you apply the Password to your Outlook data file, then from the next time whenever you turn on your Outlook a Password prompt appears before you without typing the correct Password you cannot enter your Outlook account. As the intruder does not know your Password so, no thief can access your Outlook account.
Password protect .pst file
- Start your Outlook
- At the upper of your Outlook window, click on File Tab.
- Under account information on right side of the screen, Select Account settings, a dialog box appears and then again click on account settings.
- The next window appears for Account Settings, click on the Data Files
- Choose the (.pst) file for which you want to create or change the Password.
- Hit on Settings just below the Data Files tab.
- A pop-up box appears, click on the Change Password
- A new fly seems to change the Password; firstly you need to enter the Old Password, in the lower box, enter the New Password, and re-enter the New Password to verify it.
Note for Setup Password on Outlook: –
- Use the robust Password so that no burglar can easily break your Password.
- The Password becomes reliable when you use the mishmash of the uppercase alphabet, lower case alphabet, numbers & symbols. This type of Password is hard to break.
- The Password should be minimum 8 characters; the lengthier Password helps you to improve the Password protection.
- Escape using words from the dictionary, your birth date, lover’s name, As these are easy to break.
For example: – #im07up@
- If you want to save the Password in your Password list, then click on the checkbox below the Verify Password box. I will recommend you not to check this box.
- At last click on OK button to set the Password.
Tips for Passwords: –
- It is very challenging to remember your Password so, Microsoft helps you regain the Password when you forget it. Microsoft saves the Password at a secure location.
- The Outlook also provides you the feature for remembering your Password, so that you do not have to type it each time you use your Outlook (.pst) file.
- You cannot apply Password to an individual folder in Outlook. Whenever you use Password to Outlook Data (.pst) file, then the Password is being implemented for the entire
Important note: –
The Password which you use on the Outlook (.pst) file. Does not provide you security against the intentional, malicious attempt to access your information. To protect your data, you must create the Password protect the window.