How to hide and show the Bcc box??
Bcc stands for blind carbon copy. Suppose we have to send a single mail to lots of contacts. We can send it by using CC (carbon copy) or Bcc (blind carbon copy). If you add a recipient’s name in Bcc box while sending an email message, a copy of the message is sent to all the recipient that you specified, and also the name of one recipient is invisible to other recipients. Unlike CC in which every recipient can see the name of another recipient who received the message.
Show the Bcc
Once you click to show the Bcc, it’s always present on the screen until you hide it again. Follow the steps to turn on the Bcc.
- Select a New email option present on the left
- Click on options tab at the top
- Choose Bcc present in the Show Field
- In Bcc box, add recipients, compose the message.
- Finally, hit on send button when the work’s done.
Hide the Bcc
Bcc option can be turned off any time for the future message. As per your requirement. Steps to hide Bcc is: –
- Select the new email option at the top.
- As before, click on Options tab at the top of the window.
- Click on Bcc, and it’s hidden now.
Note: – while doing this we can notice, that the background color changes for both Bcc and Cc, a background with dark color mean Bcc is turned on, whereas light color means that Bcc is turned off.
View Bcc recipients: –
If you are the receiver of the message you will not be able to see whether the sender added the Bcc recipients or not. Only the sender of the message will be able to see the name of the Bcc recipient’s by opening the message.
- Open the message which you sent in the Sent item, where the Sent message gets stored by default.
- In Reading pane view the header section of the message. Where user can see all the recipients name.
Important tips that you may know while sending Bcc message.
- Before you add any recipient’s name in Bcc box while sending an email, make sure that recipient is expecting your message. Otherwise, it may go directly to junk email folder. because using Bcc is a favorite technique of spammer. Many times system itself mark Bcc user as junk. Your message may straight away go to the junk folder if the recipient has not added you to the safe
- Sometimes the limit is set for the number of recipients added to Bcc and CC boxes already by the service provider. Ask your service provider about the policies for your account.
The importance of using Bcc message.
- Bcc is important to use keeping mind the privacy of the user. For example, if you send any job notification to a number of people using Bcc. This will you to keep the identities of potential job seeker hidden from another recipient
- As we know the person who sends the junk emails like to use Bcc. but they will not like it if you use Bcc option as this will not allow them to see your recipients list. Also will not be able to copy the recipient’s email address from your message and later misuse it.