Cannot attach zip files in Outlook
As you all know zip file is a computer file whose contents are compressed for storage and transmission. Like sometimes we have to transfer a large file and we are unable to transmit it because of its larger size. Then we need to reduce its size by compressing it, so we can compress it in the form of a zip file. In the zip file, the content does not change it carries the same content as it was holding before but the size of the file decreases.
While we are typing emails in an Outlook, we sometimes need to attach files in Outlook. In Most of the cases, we can easily add the attachments to our emails using Outlook. But in some cases, we face a problem while attaching the files. These files may be a zip file which is not being attached to the email easily. Sometimes while we are trying to attach the files in Outlook, the Zip file may not be visible whereas sometimes the Zip file is visible to us but we are unable to attach it to our email.
The possible reasons for this issue may be the components in windows which support Zip files may not have registered properly. To overcome this issue, you can register the correct .dll via;
- Windows XP: –
- If you are using Windows XP, then first click on the Start icon available at the bottom left of the screen.
- Choose a Run option from there. You can also open the Run dialog box by pressing the windows key R key from the keyboard.
- In the Run box, type regsvr32 zipflidr.dll
- Windows Vista, Windows 7,8 and 10
- If you are using any of the above-mentioned windows, then again, you can click on the Windows icon available at the bottom left of the screen.
- Select Run option from that. As before you can open the Run dialog box by pressing the windows key and the R key from the keyboard.
- In the Run dialog box, type regsvr32 zipfldr.dll.
If you want to see the visible changes of the settings on your computer, then you need to restart your computer to activate the settings.
Note: – the command can be directly executed from the start menu in some cases.
At last, I would like to conclude by saying that you can easily add any attachment to your Outlook file. The zip files can also be attached by registering the components in windows which support the zip file. Know more about how to attach files in Outlook