How to Use Outlook email on iPhone?
The next step after creating an outlook account and sending an email message is to learn how to see Outlook emails on iPhone? Moreover, how to use it for other purposes? If you have no idea; how to set up Outlook email on iPhone then read this article: Setup Outlook on iPhone/iPad. The Outlook in iPad gives you the freedom to read an email, filter your emails accordingly and also reply, forward, print and delete the email messages. As in Outlook, you can use multiple email accounts, so iPad also gives you an option to switch between inboxes.
The first one is how to view email messages
- Open your Outlook account in iPad.
- Tap on Mail icon present on your Home
- Tap on the email message which you want to read.
The second option is how to filter an email message
- Tap on Filter option available on the screen. Moreover, then you can apply any of the filters to your email messages by tapping on one of the following options.
- Unread: – by tapping on this all the unread messages will be sorted, and you will not have to waste time by searching the unread message one by one.
- Flagged: – by applying this you will be able to see only the flagged email messages.
- Attachments: – by clicking on this you will only be able to see the email messages which has some attachments added to it
Note: – The filter option is beneficial to the user, as the user does not have to go through the entire message to search one single message. He can apply a filter to his mailbox and then he can easily find the message which he is looking for.
Reply, Reply All, Forward messages
To Reply to any email message just tap the Reply option, and then to proceed further you can tap on any of the options as per your need.
Reply: – If you only want to respond to an email, then you can tap on reply option.
Reply All: – you can tap on this option if you want to reply to everyone who has received the message.
Forward: – if you want to forward any sent or received an email to any other person then you can just tap on forwarding option, and the other person will get the forwarded message.
Cancel: – This option can also be chosen if you clicked on reply option by mistake. Alternatively, if you changed your mind and now you do not want to reply the message. You can tap on Cancel option to close the menu.
Under More, you have various other options available. So firstly tap on more and then tap various options mentioned below.
- Schedule: – Schedule option can be used as a reminder. You can schedule an email message to reappear in your inbox after sometimes.
- Move to non-focused inbox: – This option is available in Outlook to train Outlook that these emails are not considered focused or relevant in the mailbox.
- Move: – Move feature is basically used to move an email message from one folder to another folder. This option completely moves the messages from one folder to another without leaving any copy behind.
- Print conversation: – Print Conversation option is used to print the conversation on paper for some time you may need to take the hard copy of the emails. As it me have some documents attached to them.
- Mark as unread: – This option is used to mark the emails as unread.
- Delete messages: – this option is used to remove the irrelevant messages from your inbox
- Select the message you want to delete
- The tap on Delete to remove the message. This option looks like a dustbin.
Archive a message
You can tap on this to archive the message. This option will move the message left. Moreover, later on, whenever the message comes from this email account you will find it will always go in an archive folder and will not even get the notification.
Select multiple messages
- If you want to select some messages, then just tap and hold an email message. You will see a checkbox appears in front of selected message to indicate its selection.
- To select more messages, click on Select additional message
- The various options (like- archive, trash, move to a different folder, or flag) appear on your screen choose one of them to perform the required function on selected messages
- If you want to uncheck the selected message or you want to remove the selection, then tap Cancel
Swiping off the message can be done either from left to right or from right to left, both the directions have different significance.
- If you want to Archive the message, you can tap on email message and swipe it to Left
- On the other hand, if you want to Schedule the email messages the tap on the message. Now swipe towards the Right.
- A popup box appears on the screen.
- Select a date or time when the email will return to your inbox.
To view another folder or account
If you want to see the Outlook account or folder, you can perform following steps: –
- Inside your Outlook account tap on the Menu option present on the top of the screen.
- The list of accounts appears tap on the arrow to select the account to tap the down arrow.
- Tap on the folder you want to view.
- After viewing the folder, you can tap the arrow up to collapse the selected account and the choose all Accounts option.
The above article was to introduce you to all other functions which you can use to create an email message using iPad. It was also to train you in what way you can use emails. It taught you to add attachments to email, delete, forward and perform various functions on your email account.