Schedule Email Reply in Outlook
Outlook provides you an opportunity to schedule your emails or delay your replies. Sometimes you may receive an Email which you do not want to respond immediately, as you do not want to give your client an idea that you are available at any time of the day. Moreover, you do not want to show someone that you were eagerly waiting for someone’s message by replying it immediately. Alternatively, maybe you are sending an email to someone who lives in a different time zone, and you do not want to interrupt them at midnight by your email notification. If you just read the email and think of replying it later on, then it might skip from your mind.
Moreover, you might not be able to answer the message at all. It may be bit risky, but Outlook makes delays easier. You can respond them immediately, but schedule the reply to be sent on later. There may be ample reasons to delay your reply messages. However, there is nothing to worry, as the Outlook provides you a platform to delay your responses just in few clicks. The reply can be delayed for a single message and also for all the messages by holding them in the outbox for sometimes and then sending it at a particular time.
Steps to schedule the delivery of a single message: –
- Turn on your Outlook.
- Click on new message, Enter the recipient mail address in ‘To’ box, enter the subject and add the content in the body part, but do not click on send button rather,
- Select Options tab present at the top of the window.
- You will find Delay Delivery option included in the More Options group.
- In the next window of the properties, under “Delivery options” click on the Checkbox in front of do not deliver before.
- Further, click on the arrows to select the desired date and time respectively, and then tap on the Close button present at the bottom.
- Finish the process by clicking on the Send
Remember while Scheduling a reply email: –
Even though you pressed the Send button, but still, the message remains in your outbox until the scheduled time of delivery. So, if later you change your mind and want to send the messages immediately you can follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- Click on the Outbox Folder and the open the scheduled message by tapping on it.
- Further, click on the Options Tab present next to the Insert
- Within More Options group, select Delay Delivery.
- In the Properties window, uncheck the box before Do not deliver before.
- Now close the properties window by tapping on Close button available at the bottom of the screen.
- Lastly, click on the Send button to send the message immediately.
Steps to schedule the delivery of all the messages: –
Using Outlook, you can also delay sending all the Email messages only by a certain number of minutes (up to 120 min) by applying rules to it.
- Open the main Outlook window and click on File
- Compose a New mail and save it as a draft or leave it as it is in the message
- Again, go to the main Outlook window and click on Manage Rules & Alerts.
- On the right-hand side of the window click on New Rule.
- The Rule wizard appears before you: –
Step1: – in Select, a template under Start from a blank rule choose to Apply rule on the message I send.
Step2: – no change is needed here so simply click on Next button available at the bottom.
The next wizard appears so that you can apply conditions.
Step1: – Select condition(s), the list of conditions appears here, click the checkbox if you want to apply any condition.
Step2: – no change is needed in step 2 just click on Next button to proceed further.
If you click on next button without selecting any conditions, then the confirmation dialog box appears before you, click Yes to apply the rules to the messages you send.
- The another wizard appears before you asking “what do you want to do with the message.”
Step1: – Select action(s), click on defer delivery by number of minute.
Step2: – Edit the rule description box by clicking on the underlined link and then entering no of minutes to delay the message, the maximum you can delay it up to 120 minutes.
Click on OK button and then click on Next button.
- The next wizard appears for Exception you can choose any exception if needed, otherwise, click on Next
- In the last rule wizard under Finish rule setup.
Step1: – Under Specify a name for this rule, enter the name of the rule of your choice.
Step2: – Under Setup Rule options click the checkbox in front of Turn on this rule.
Step3: – No change is required in this step.
- Finally, click on the Finish button present at the bottom of the screen.
- Now click on the Send button on the mailbox.
Although you pressed the send button yet the message will remain in the Outbox for a specified time.
You Can also create more rules according to your requirements.