2 Ways to fix Hacked Outlook Account
If your account has hacked, then it might possible someone has stolen your Outlook password and other personal information. Moreover, that person can misuse it by sending junk emails to your contacts. There is urgent need to fix it or recover it.
Ways to find out, whether someone has hacked you Account or not:
The signs by which you come to know whether someone has hacked your outlook.com account or not: –
- If your email connections are getting the emails from your account which you did not send to them, then it means any other person is also using your email account except you. It might be possible that your Outlook.com email has been hacked and somebody is sending emails to your friends & clients on behalf of you.
- If your messages are being read before you open it, or it is being deleted without your permission. It may be due to the presence of some viruses. There are some viruses (like Trojan horse) which may vary your email account & password and pass it on to the hacker.
How did hacker get your password?
When we come to know that our account has been hacked, the first question which arises in our mind is how did the hacker come to know what our password is? Alternatively, how someone stole the password of my email account. There are several ways by which hacker can snip your password: –
- Phishing: – Hackers frequently use some tricks by which the legitimate user gives his account detail to the hacker. Sometimes, a hacker sends phishing emails to the user and user click on those link and fill their information.
- Malware: – sometimes you may download and install some programs from the internet which are not from “trusted publisher”. Those programs can save all our password & screens and sent it to the attacker.
- Stored Password: – Some people have the habit of storing the password and security information on their computers. People log into their inbox on the browser and hit the button to save the password. So if someone gets access to your personal PC, then he can easily get access to your password.
Few measures to recover your hacked Emil account: –
Option 1: – Install any antivirus software on your computer system: –
As you know most of the hackers get your password by malware installed on your system without your knowledge from any untrusted websites, so I will strongly recommend you always to run an antivirus. Moreover, scan your computer system for virus and malware every time you change your passwords. I would highly recommend you set your antivirus software to automatic update and to scan your computer on a regular basis.
- If you are Windows 7 user then, you can download and install Microsoft security essentials for free.
- Window 8.1 already has Windows Defender installed in it.
Option 2: – Change your password: –
After using the antivirus, log in to your Outlook/Email account. Now modify the password. Make sure you put a secure password.
Note: – If you are unable to log in then try to reset the password. It is possible that the hacker has already changed the password without coming into your notice.
Ways to avoid your account from being hacked:
As we all know, prevention is better than cure. So there are numerous techniques, by using those, we can prevent our account from being hacked in future. These techniques will block any unauthorized user to peep into our account and make changes in that. Moreover, No one can harm our privacy.: –
- Create a secure & strong password for your Outlook account.
- You should use a combination of alphabets, numbers, and
- By using a mix of upper case and lower case symbols.
- Avoid using common words from the dictionary.
- Don’t use the same password for all your accounts.
- Don’t use password similar to the previous
- Never reply any mail asking for
r your Outlook password. As Outlook itself will never ask for your email id and password. The hacker may attempt to send you a fake email and ask for your password.
- Take care of it whenever you are signing in to your Outlook account from any public computers.
- Add your accurate details to your Outlook account to make your account recovery Click here.
Still having trouble Fixing Hacked Outlook Account?
If you have tried all the above steps then I will recommend you to contact Microsoft by filling a form. Alternatively, you can call an independent tech or professional to fix you hacked Outlook.com Account.
You can also visit: CONNECT TO AN INDEPENDENT TECH FOR OUTLOOK SUPPORT OR HACKED OUTLOOK ACCOUNT