Recover deleted Outlook Contacts
If you have accidently deleted any of your valuable Outlook Contacts, then you do not need to worry. You can easily recover the deleted Outlook Contact, as you recovered deleted Outlook Email. The Outlook Contacts can be restored, even if you emptied your Deleted Item Folder. Might possible, you are in the habit of performing hard delete by pressing “Control+Delete” button.
Recover deleted Outlook Contacts from Delete Item Folder: –
When you eliminate the Contacts willingly or by mistake, the deleted item is shifted to Delete Item Folder. This is the first place to look for your deleted Contact just as your deleted Email. Follow the below-mentioned steps if you find your deleted Contact in Delete Item Folder.
- Open your Outlook and go to your Email folder list
- Click on Deleted Item Folder.
- To discover the item you want to recover, Use the Search Deleted Item box or press Ctrl+E.
- When you find the desired Contact, then Right-Click it, a dialog box opens.
- Click on Move and further click on Other Folders
- If you want to move the Contact back to your list of Contacts, then click on Contact
- Then finally, finish the process by clicking on OK
Tips: – you can also move deleted Contacts to a subfolder in your Contact folder. And in any case, by mistake you deleted the subfolder then you can recover it in following ways.
- Under deleted items, select it in Folder List.
- Right click the desired Contact and select Move Folder option
- Lastly, select the Contacts to move the Subfolder back to your Contact Folder.
Recover Contact that’s no longer in Deleted Item Folder:-
Sometimes there is a policy to remove the Deleted items from Delete Item Folder after a certain number of days.So, if you cannot find your Contact in Deleted Item Folder, then look for it in Recoverable Item Folder.
The Recoverable Item Folder is a hidden folder, and this is the place where these Contacts move when following things happen to them.
- You deleted the Contact from Deleted Item Folder.
- You have Empty the Deleted Item Folder.
- When you Permanently Delete the Contact by selecting it and pressing Shift+Delete.
Steps to recover the item from Recoverable Item Folder are as follows: –
- Open your Outlook and go to your Email folder
- Click on Deleted Item Folder.
- Make sure that HOME is selected at the Blue Ribbon, and then click on Recover Deleted Item from the server.
- To find a contact in Recover Deleted Item Window, you can click on a Subject column to sort items by that column. Look for the name of the desired contact and then select it. You can also sort contact by From column and look for blank entries because contacts do not have value in From
- Finally, select the desired contact item, tick the “Restore Selected Item” option given at the bottom of the page.
- Lastly, hit on OK
Now the question arises where did the recovered item go?
You can find the recovered item in deleted item folder. Especially, when you are recovering it from, recoverable item folder. Moreover, further when you locate the contact in Deleted Item Folder move it to contact folder by following the steps mentioned on the first topic.
Tips when you recover deleted Outlook contacts: –
- All items in the Recoverable Item Folder has the same icon which looks like Envelope. Including Contacts.
- If you want to Recover the number of connections then, you can do it by clicking on Restore Selected Item Folder. Moreover, pressing Ctrl as you click the Various contacts, you can also use Shift key instead of Ctrl when you have to select Contacts in Sequence.
If you are not able to recover outlook contacts then I would highly recommend you to read: Looking for Microsoft Outlook Support Number?