Make a contact group from an email
Many people have a query that how they can create a contact group from email recipients itself. Sometimes many individuals are working on the same project, and every time you have to interact with them through email. You can make a contact group from an email for natural interaction with them from a list of names in an email message also.
For instance, if Someone email you, and there are several contacts in the TO and CC field of that email. All the contacts are going to work with you on the similar assignment, and you want to create a new group of all those persons. For that, it is not necessary that you save all the contacts in your contact list first and then add them manually to the group.
There is another way to add them quickly and directly from you the email recipients.
You can use this same way not only in outlook 2016 even you can use the same method in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010 also.
Ways to add members and make a contact group from an email:
- Go to that email which has all those recipients into or CC field those you want to add in the group.
- In the email, in the To or Cc box, select all the names or emails. You can use your mouse to highlight the contact, or you can right-click and hit select all.
- Once it is selected, then copy all the email address. You do it by right click and select COPY, otherwise press Ctrl and C key together for copying.
Now you have two ways to add these copied emails/names to your contact group.
- Go to people icon in outlook. It can locate it on the navigation bar.
- Click on new Contact group
- On the next window, give a name to this contact group.
- Hit add a member and “choose to add members from outlook contacts” from the drop-down list.
- Now in another window, you will see an empty box right next to members. There you need to paste the contacts. For doing that, you can right-click in that empty box and hit paste otherwise you can use CTRL+V command also.
- Furthermore, select OK button and finish it by pressing the SAVE & CLOSE button.
Way 2 to add members and make a contact group from an email:
- Open that email where the contacts emails are located.
- On the reading pane, you will have the header of a message. There you can find the recipient and right click on that.
- A pop up will come up with few options; you need to choose select all from there.
- Now all the contacts emails will be highlighted, and you can press the Ctrl key & C key together on the keyboard. This command will copy all the selected email address of your members those you want to add to the list.
- Earlier, you created a contact group. Now go to that contact group. Moreover, insert the members in that group.
- You need to locate add member button there and choose an option “from Address Book.”
- You will see a blank box right next to the MEMBERS Button. Click in that empty white box further enter the command CTRL+V.
- This command will paste all the email contacts in that box.
- The last step is to Hit the OK button. All the members will be available in the contact group.
These are the different ways that you can use to add new members in a contact group directly from the email list. I mentioned only 2 ways in this blog. You might want to know about How to Create a Contact group in Outlook 2016?